Followers

Saturday, June 24, 2017

Male cards.... Mmm Not my Thing!


Good afternoon,

It's been so hot here the past ten days that I just haven't had any energy to do anything, let alone sit at my computer and upload a few photos. Anyway, as today is slightly cooler, I thought I would take advantage of the fact and upload a few photos from the past few months.

This is a card I recently (May) made for my Brother-in-Law, Brian who, as you can see, celebrated his 60th birthday this year.

The image is a Lily of the Valley stamp, which I coloured with my Copics and Prismacolour Pencils.  The letters are self adhesive, by American Crafts and were purchased from Hobbycraft. 

The stripy background paper was just a piece of leftover scrap from my leftovers scrap box, so I am afraid I have no idea which brand of paper it is. The khaki coloured border around the image itself is from Papermania.

Hope you like the card as much as I loved the overall outcome of it.  To be completely honest, I'm not always that thrilled when having to make cards for men, as even though most men have interests and hobbies (i.e. football, fishing, barbecues etc.) I just find the thought of making a male card, uninteresting and more often than not, it shows in the finished product. However, on this occasion I think I must have really been inspired while making this one, because I was really pleased with the result.

Brian was thrilled with the card (as much as any man could be), which I guess is 'sort of the whole point' so therefore I was happy. He has since kept the card, in pride of place, on his fireplace (which is totally unheard of for him - as he usually takes his cards straight down the following day).

Anyway, hope you like it. Back soon



No comments: